Saturday, July 4, 2009

That was weird...

That statement applies to many things, actually. First, that Blogger apparently thinks that hitting "enter" at the beginning of a post means to POST absolutely nothing. So disregard that little thing. Second weird thing: Off! bug spray does not work AT ALL. (selectively. It may not, and it may not. This was a "may not" time.) It is cold and unnecessarily sticky. Also, there's some kind of difference between "unscented" and "fragrance-free" Would someone like to explain this?

Thanks to the so called "insect repellent" (when I am annoyed with things I overuse "finger quotes" to imply things are not what they say they are.) I currently have 8 mosquito bites. Acquired after being outside for approximately 20 minutes outside. (and liberally applying repellent, as directed.) These 20 minutes were spent WAITING for the fireworks to begin. (my house is nicely very close to a golf course, which is good for the viewing of fireworks.) 2 minutes after coming inside after concluding that the fireworks were canceled due to clouds and earlier crappy weather (Notice how it ALWAYS rains on days when clear skies are a must? This July has been freakishly cold and rainy. I guess that's better than record breaking HEAT. Reverse global warming FTW! What was I talking about before?)do the fireworks start. The "real" ones. The big ones, not the test ones or whatever.
So, at this point, everyone does NOT want to be further eaten to death by mosquitoes.

But we will still have to LISTEN to them until 2:00 am

August 6th.

Alex, are fireworks shot off for Canada Day? If not, consider yourself lucky. Because all the geniuses here buy enough fireworks for 3 years while they are on sale. Possibly more even AFTER the 4th. So they continue to shoot them off at odd hours of the night months after the real holiday. But enough about that. On to the questions!

Alex: I've only had about 4 occasions to go to a Starbucks. (mostly just dragged there with friends who are coffee addicts.) My first time there, there was this bit of conversation:

Me: "Soooo... ummm... I want a small iced coffee thing. With, ummm, chocolate. And whipped cream."

Barista (that's what they call them, right?): *Pause* *look that says, "stupid n00b. Quit wasting my time."* You mean TALL???

(how the heck did TALL come to mean SMALL??? Explain please.)

Me: Yeah, whatever that is. *to my friend* Please just order for me. PLEASE. Me no speaky the Starbucks lingo.

I haven't gone back there on my own since. That is not to say I don't like a good iced coffee. Whatever flavorings it contains. Carmel, mocha, vanilla, whatever. There's a little coffee kiosk-thing INSIDE my library. Books and coffee. And cookies. It's awesome. It's called St. Rogers' Pastisserie or something French. And it's run by nuns. Real nuns. In full nun garb. (There's a name for their black head coverings and such. I'm not religious enough to know that.)

Vita: What counts as an "unconventional" way? I'm assuming the "conventional" way is to press your ear against a wall and have fun decifiering the words. Should I ever need to eavesdrop... (which, ahem, I have NEVER, ever done) I pretend to sleep. I'm good at pretend-sleeping, though sometimes it seems very suspicious to be sleeping in the middle of the day. On the ground. Then it just looks like you're passed out. Which is bad.

My question: Ummmmm... what do you want your last words to be? (ugh, more about death, but seriously, unless you die a mime, you'll have to die. Before you die, you'll have said SOMETHING. Doesn't matter how long the period of time is between words said and death. Just as long as they're the ABSOLUTE LAST words you ever say.)

3 comments:

Alex said...

So am I supposed to comment on only one of the three blogs that you posted?

Will it be 7:49, 7:49, or 7:52?

I'll comment later, right now my sister is pressuring me to read Harry Potter (6) to her with my awesome voices. I do a bad English accent and everything.

Renata said...

Yes yes. Quite good. I would suggest commenting on 7:52, but that's up to you. :)

Vita said...

Ha, Starbucks is insane like that. Perhaps they are attempting to be more "European," but honestly, I don't know why they don't just change their sizes to, say, English. :P