Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ketchup and Mustard

In which I answer questions. And am in need of caffeine and spellcheck. Hooray.

Alex: What's your leadership style?

Definitely Visionary (mostly. Which I guess would not make that a definite answer...) I tend to start ideas and then don't really finish them because I think of something better or more important. But when I do get intensely involved in actually finishing something, I get more Scientist-y. (Which is almost the complete opposite of Visionary, so it makes no sense to have one style... but whatever.) Moreso if I'm not the person who came up with the big idea. Then I just focus on the smallest, most repetitive things and concentrate on perfection. These things are not necessarily related to the big goal, but I do tend to repeat things almost unconsciously while I'm doing other things. Multitasking is a good skill to have, but only if both tasks are productive.

Once there was some kind of PowerPoint presentation on cholesterol or something ("Family and Consumer Sciences" is deadly boring...) that I was really paying attention to, and without looking down in 42 minutes I had constructed this intricate-looking 3D circle filled with triangles. It was pretty cool looking, but I couldn't do it again if I tried. This is an example of the detailed-yet-unrelated little "tasks" I assign myself.

Vita's: If you were standing on the edge of a cliff, clinging onto a baby that you didn't know in one hand, and your elderly grandmother in the other, but you would had to let go of one to save the other's life, who would you save?

Conundrum makes brain eshplode. >:(

Call me a terrible person, but I would save my grandmother out of emotional attachment and obligation. After all that's happened in her life, she doesn't deserve to die falling off a cliff. (see your explanation on how you want to die.) But, neither does the baby, it has so much to live for... oh... YAAARRRRGH!

*explode*

OK, here's my question: Would you rather be blind or deaf? (unoriginal, I know, but it's harder than it seems...)

5 comments:

Renata said...

Forgot to explain why I titled this post like so. Explaination:

Just the mention of the word "catch-up "in Vita's blog reminded me of this. That's my train of thought for ya. :) In 1st grade, the day after we had a substitute and our regular teacher came back was called "Ketchup and Mustard Day" (because the sub never did anything that we were supposed to be doing. Have I ever told you the story of the infamous Mrs. Jump??? *shudder*) So "Ketchup" (catch-up) was what we would have done if there hadn't been a sub (worskeets, ect...) and "Mustard" was what we could do for free time once we finished. (dunno why it was mustard, but it's catchy) Free time was freaking awesome. Reading Magic Treehouse books in the BEANBAG FORTRESS!!!! (I finshed before everyone else most of the time, so's I had the beanbags ALL TO MYSELFS! YES! I made this nest out of like 4 beanbag chairs. It was my throne.)

I realize this comment is annoying long, but consider it an extention of my blog I didn't want to edit in.

Vita said...

Hahah I have to say that you are abnormally funny. Seriously, your comment on this blog made me laugh out loud.

I don't think you've told us about Mrs. Jump... you should! Beanbag fortresses FTW.

Oh, and don't feel bad about your answer to my question... it's such a mean question, really. But I think that I would save my grandmother too, because it's my freaking grandmother. I'd hate to let the baby die, but at least it wouldn't know what was happening, for the most part. D:

ALSO, did you shorten to "Family and Consumer Sciences" to (Creative?) FACS? Because if you did then I'm pretty sure I was forced to take the same class as you for a quarter/semester in 6th and 7th grade (LUCKILY I ESCAPED it in 8th grade with a few well-chosen electives, and they don't continue it in my high school, THANK GOD). Anyways, if it was the same class (I seem to remember that we cooked a meal once every 2 weeks and the rest of the time was spent "learning things," i.e. doing worksheets about taxes and other crap) I TOTALLY SYMPATHIZE.

Renata said...

You got to CHOOSE???? Even in 8th grade we didn't. :( 6 WEEKS of mind numbing hell. We just shortened it to FCS, but I thought you wouldn't know what I was talking about. But it's pretty much what you described. Cooking, learning the "proper" way to wash dishes.(S.S.R.W.R.D!) Similar crap.

Mrs. Jump needs her own blog... another day I shall tell the tale... >.>

Alex said...

Rena: did you hear about the NERDFIGHTER gathering in Chicago!! I should sooooo go! That's all I have to say.

Renata said...

YES YES YES McYES!!! *squeal*

BUT! *suck alert* The maximum is 20 people! :(