Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Retro Flashback Super Partay time!

I was feeling a bit nostalgic today, so I headed back to where all of this began: the Ning. Yes, the MJ Ning.

I re-read all of my blog posts, and I really hope that my blogging abilities have improved, but this also makes me want to revert to an old strategy.* HOLIDAYS! Yes, useless, weird holidays have become almost a nonexistent part of the balanced BLOG DIET** recently. So I must remedy this by telling you that today, July 21st, is***:

NATIONAL JUNK FOOD DAY!!!! Yay!

We all know what that means... EAT JUNK! Totally guiltless empty calorie consumption! Wheeeeeee! Celebrate before it turns into Rat-catchers Day! (were the rats lured by the junk food crumbs?)

Ponder that whilst I answer your questions!

I watch a fair amount of TV, not enough to say I'm addicted... but I just don't watch shows I dislike. I'm sure if I watched ALL of them, there would be more I don't like than ones I do. But from what I've seen, I REALLY don't like Suze Orman. If you don't know, Suze Orman (and her cleverly titled "Suze Orman Show") is a so-called "financial expert" and is therefore qualified to give "financial advice". A good idea, considering most people need some degree of this. But only around 5% of this show actually consists of advice. Mostly she talks to phone-in or video question people, almost certainly starting with "Hayyyy boyfrienddddd/girrrlfrienddd..."**** and then managing to get off topic in some way.

I really would not trust her with my money. I don't like her "tone" either. It's snarky... is this the right word? Maybe she has some kind of annoying speech impediment? Turn it on for 2 seconds and decide for yourselves.

My question: Do you like tuna? (Alex, do you eat tuna? I know there's divisions of vegetarians who decide what is "meat".)

*Meaning I have nothing to talk about and this was what I used to do when this happened. Also, I have reverted to using STARS again as footnotes. Another question: do you scroll down when you come to an *, so as to read the footnote within the proper placement in the blog, or do you read them all at once when you come to the end?

**Yes, you have a daily diet of blog. You didn't know this???

***drum roll please

**** Vita, I know you hate this, but she REALLY DOES TALK LIKE THISSSS? You see now the further annoyance?

1 comment:

Vita said...

Whoop whoop, junk food! It is always EXCELLENT to have a genuine(ish) excuse for eating unhealthy foods! I feel like it should be an official hobby! Because food is good! Especially when it's relatively bad for you! (And now I will stop using exclamation marks.)

I LOVE the stars as footnotes! I hope you will continue to use them in the future (whenever parenthesis don't suffice) because I am a fan of them. I usually read the whole post and then read all the footnotes at the end, because otherwise I lose my place in the blog... sometimes I will re-read parts of the blogs that have stars while I am reading the footnotes. Hooray!

(Oh, and THAT doesn't annoy me... you're simply using for explanatory purposes as opposed to a full-out LETTER FEST. But yes, I agree that the extended-phonetics thing would contribute to LARGE AMOUNTS of ANNOYANCE. :D )