Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Of Blenders and Blunders

This blog comes to you in. . . PARTS. To be added as I think of them.

Part ONE-- (LeakyCon and the factors regarding my attendance thereabouts)
- I do have an HP-obsessed close friend, who has an aunt who has previously shown chaperone-willingness*
- My parents:
a.) will not pay for a trip that is only going to benefit/transport one person...
b.) ...especially if that person is their underaged daughter...
c.) ...who has gone to meet various acquaintances acquired through the Internet.
- Florida is very not near my current location.
HOWEVER-
I *plan* on actually making money between now and 2011.
My parents are trusting of aforementioned friend and her relatives.
Both parties aforementioned have discussed a joint venture to Florida**, which would benefit multiple people***

Part TWO (In which this post becomes more than my squee-ing over LeakyCon)
. . .alright, all I was going to do was squee over LeakyCon. . . did you know that today was Barbie in a Blender Day? Very cool, lawsuits about the first amendment and so forth, and now it's a holiday. Oh, and it's also International Blondie Month. (Not the hair color, not the pastry, the band.)

Part THREE (A tangent in which my blogging character-traits are strengthened)
Very early memory proving my uncoordinatedness, which I will be reminded of until the death of radio-- my mother was teaching me to dance like a raver to this song (by Blondie. . . you see my thought process?), which I quite enjoyed because it consisted of jumping up and down like a hyperactive child set to music. Socks + hardwood floor + overenthusiastic jumping = SCARY SMACKING SOUND****, face on floor.

Footnotes:
* Although this was to an anime convention, ~30 minutes away from current location.
** Specifically The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, which is close to LeakyCon.
*** I don't know why I'm fixated on benefitting multiple persons, possibly so I don't seem selfish?
**** Cue laughter (mom), screaming (me). The sound made it more painful.

EDIT: YES to the week-of-imitating. (Blogger isn't letting me post comments, meh.)

1 comment:

Vita said...

MEEP! Exciting. I hope it works out and y'all can go. :D

So, sadly, it seems that right now the person with the least chance of going is... uh... me. D: MAH HART IZ BRAKIN. Ha, but we have a few months to figure this out, so hopefully I'll find somebody who loves me enough to take me. </3

I didn't read that whole article about blenderized Barbies, but it sounds pretty tasty... creme de Barbie mmmmmmmmmm!