Sunday, July 18, 2010

Puffy hair boy

Today, I was sitting in my friend's living room and playing Rock Band like a typical North American zombie when I started telling a story. It started like this: So there was this puffy hair boy.

And everyone laughed. Is this reasonable?

The story:

On Thursday, I went to a volunteer banquet (amazing food) as a prerequisite to volunteering today and sat down a seat away and across from these two boys, one of whom had eerily puffy hair and slightly weasel like look on his face*. The other one was better looking and farther away. In between me and my potential summer romances sat my mom. *facepalm*

Throughout dinner, I stared at them and looked away and they stared at me and looked away. We're teenagers; this is what we're good at. The point is that we didn't talk. I noticed puffy haired boy had a blue shirt and then we went home.

Yesterday, I went to a block party in the middle of town where there was this funny lunatic magician who said he was going to murder a small child but never did and when we were going to find a parking spot, I thought I saw puffy hair boy in an orange traffic vest but he was wearing a white volunteer tee shirt and a hat so I wasn't sure.

On the way home, I saw him again and then proceeded to stare out the window (as did everyone else in the car). And then he looked up and saw me. In the face. I looked away.

Today, I woke up before 9, walked to the beach and got a boring volunteer job at the table with my mom. And then there was puffy hair boy with his better looking cohort. And this time, he stared. Every couple seconds. I was afraid he had recognized me. And I know this because his back was turned to us and who turns and looks behind them multiple times per minute? Starers.

This is my non-story. There's also another part where a couple hours later I went looking for my free volunteer lunch and asked him for directions to the food. I was smooth, like lotion. "Where can I ascertain some food," I said to which he paused and then replied, "Back at the museum." And I said, "Really? After I just walked all this way?" and he stared at me. Hot.

I'm going to go watch a Hugh Dancy story now. And reflect on my non-experiences with the opposite sex.

*this could be considered rude and inappropriate but I'm simply telling it how it is.

No comments: