Monday, August 3, 2009

assorted things?

Wow, I procrastinated today. It's only 8:29pm over here, but I usually try to write these things earlier... the later it gets, the less my brain works. ^^

Mehr, summer work is finally catching up with me. I have a little less than a month left until school starts and, to put it simply, I haven't done crap yet. Last year I kind of, uh, left everything until the weekend before the first day of school... I'm trying to avoid that. It was not, to say the least, a fun experience. :P

Did you guys ever read "The Babysitter's Club" when you were younger? It used to be my FAVORITE series in the ENTIRE WORLD. I think that I read almost every book in the series at some point (and there were a ridiculous number of books... at least 130, I think). Looking back, I'm not so sure why I loved it so much. Maybe it was because I thought that 11 and 13 were practically middle age and I couldn't wait to start a babysitting club of my own (yeah, that never happened). I'm pretty sure that BSC is more overwhelmingly obnoxious than anything else, really.

What is your single favorite word in the English language?
I'm sure that tomorrow I'll suddenly remember some incredibly amusing word that makes me laugh every time I hear it, but I'd have to go with "soliloquy." It may be French or something, actually, but we use it in English, so... let's just say it counts. ;) I think it's quite pretty.

What is your favorite childhood book?

[Sorry this is so short... *brainfail* :P)

3 comments:

Alex said...

I never read the Babysitter's Club. I did see the movie, and I always looked forward to babysitting (I've now realized it's over-rated) but never read the book.

I knew the theory and did kind of want to start a babysitters' club.

I know what you mean about the words. I'm really into the word 'indeed' at the present. {It's just so under-used. It needs some attention}

Renata said...

OMFG BSC!!!

I think that explains that I've read all of them. Most twice, actually.

Ugh, same here with the non-crap doing...

I also like rather British-sounding words. Yes, quite...

Vita said...

British words are wonderful.

I like spelling things the British/Canadian (I think) way (my favorite is "aluminium"), but I generally don't so as to avoid sounding presumptious. Of course we'd get stuck with the boring spellings of words... ;)