Saturday, August 29, 2009

News, what is this "news"?

So many questions, so little time!

Haha, but really I have nothing as interesting or important or thought provoking as Vita's post, so mostly this is going to consist of answering the questions... oh, and the first interesting random prompt I can find, because I think my posts need more of not answering questions just to take up space. Well, this is taking up space quite nicely, so I suppose I could just keep you hanging here, waiting for the answers to your questions... hmmmm, I rather like this, what's it called? Oh yeah...

RAMBLING.

I'm good at it, aren't I? :)

"What's your favourite type of chips?"
A: MMMmmm... regular or cheddar and sour cream. Oh, and for a while they made pickle flavored Lays. YUM. Weird, but YUMMY!

"Do you have a Twitter?"
A: Yup, and although at first I only joined to follow people (i.e the fantastic MJ, John Green, all those other people), it's kind of addictive. Sure, sometimes I won't "tweet" for a week or so, but other days I would just wake up and tweet all day, doing quizzes and other time-wasting via Internet. ** It's "drrena", if you should wish to read my -nearly- every thought **

"Do you subscribe to a newspaper (a physical newspaper that gets delivered to your house every morning) or do you just use the radio/Internet/television? What station do you usually watch the news on?"
A: I don't have a newspaper delivered to my doorstep, (we live outside of "The Independent" (local)'s mailing area or something...) but my dad buys a (Chicago) Sun-Times almost every day, (Another way to divide Chicagoans: Tribune or Times.) so I read that. The Internet is good, but I'm not dedicated to ONE news site. I jump around a bit. WaPo's website is pretty good.

As for TV, I'm sick of it. There are people who think "Access Hollywood" is NEWS. I know all news sources have a bit of a slant, but TV rarely has anything of substance to skew, in my opinion. Oh wait, is The Daily Show news? Yeah, that one.

"How do you feel about the controversial topic of the vegetable/fruit status of tomatoes?"
A: Weird, but one of my earliest memories is having this argument with this girl I hated in preschool. We were served these NASTY (not just because of the tomatoes) cheeseburgers, and I was mad that they had fruit on them. "Uh-HUH!" "Nuh-HUH!" ensued.

My question: (only one today, to make up for having THREE last time! :) )

Are you one of those people that remember dreams vividly or not?

4 comments:

Vita said...

True, true. Infotainment is quite irritating. Parody shows are usually the best, and somewhat ironically, the most honest.

Giving cheeseburgers to a four year old doesn't seem like the best idea. OH WELL! All food is good food (or... not). :D

Renata said...

Hey, blame the preschool. I did NOT like them, or the spaghetti with OLIVES in it. (Every Friday, after swimming lessons, wow, I remember such random stuff about my preschool...) Ewwwwwy.

Vita said...

STUPID PRESCHOOL. D:
Unless you liked it, in which case... GOOD PRESCHOOL with bad food choices.

Renata said...

No, not really. Most of the girls in our like 16 person class were meanies (except for Grace and Emily, who never talked and just sucked her thumb...), but I let all the boys kiss me on the hand. Gosh, I was more romantically involved when I was 3 then I am now!