Monday, August 24, 2009

Let's Explore the Internet!

randomwebsite (dot) com can either be viewed as a genius invention or a definite sign of the decline of the human race. As you have probably gathered, the website simply has you click a button that transports you to one out-of-the-blue website. Granted, there are some (by which I mean many) sketchy sites out there, but danger is born of boredom, and so I take that risk. In fact, the entire reason I stumbled across this website is because one day, not so long ago, I was so entirely fed up with my seemingly mundane life that I typed those very words - "random website" into the URL bar on a whim. Today, I thought I would share with you the first five websites the machine gives me, completely with commentary:

Dr. Dobb's
(From their About Me: "Since 1976, Dr. Dobb's has led the computer press in covering practical technology. Unlike many magazines and web sites that focus exclusively on a single platform, language, or even a single development tool, Dr. Dobb's has 30 years of experience covering all languages, platforms, and tools."
Name is somewhat amusing; website is not very interesting.
Have you heard of Dr. Dobb? I certainly haven't.)

Tweak XP
("Windows XP Tweaks, Tips, Hacks, Visual Styles, Support, Software."
I was wary to explore this one farther; it seems like the sort of thing that is either almost entirely trustworthy or is ladden with viruses.)

Girl Skateboarding
(Somewhat self-explanatory; features links about "Cheap skateboard" and "Tony Hawk."
For those brand-new skateboarders who aren't hardcore enough to experiment with skateboarding firsthand, this would be an excellent resource.)

Dinette
(If you are curious about where to find dinettes, kitchen tables, 50s furniture, kitchen dinettes, kitchen dinette sets, kitchen table and chairs, or "kitchen table," this is the site for you.)

Ask Zach (dot) com
(Some sort of search engine-slash-blog.
People are raving to ask Zach questions such as "Do you want to dance?" and "What are Capri Sun Pouches made out of?"
These are questions I ponder every day, as well. All in good time, my dears, all in good time, for Zach then responds to each question in the form of a blog post.
Lovely!)

I have come to the conclusion that either the internet is filled with crap (true) or randomwebsite (dot) com is particularly good at finding said crap.
Ask Zach actually was kind of amusing, though.

What's the song that describes your current mood?
"La Vie Boheme" from RENT.
Though I wish it was "Baby You're a Rich Man" by The Beatles. Ha!

Are you an early riser?

2 comments:

Alex said...

I find it funny that you decided to try your luck at this website.
(I'll have to check out Ask Zack.)

I haven't seen RENT, but i really want to. Once my sister borrowed it from a friend, watched it WITHOUT ME, and then returned it to said friend, without letting me watch it. *beep* This has happened before. It makes me very angry.

Vita said...

Heartbreak! I'm sorry you missed the opportunity to see RENT, it's fab.