Monday, August 24, 2009

Publicity!

I'm alive. Just so you all know.*

Q: Do you tell other people about this blog?
A: Yes. I don't really talk about it in conversation, but I do post the link in my Facebook status (ex. Alex is blogging. -link-). It's for this reason I'm always surprised when an acquaintance tells me they've read my blog. It's so exciting. At the same time, it makes me feel awkward. First of all, people I know are reading what I think here, and second of all I could start talking to them about something they've read all about in my blog. Quite peculiar.

I looked on Google Analytics the other day for the first time in a while and noticed that we have 26 unique visitors (I'm not sure how to figure out how many of these people actually come back after the original visit... any ideas?).

Do we want more readers? I think it would be pretty cool to have a following, but how does one attain interested people? Where do they hide? Do you have any ideas on how we could publicize ourselves?

Q:What's one song that describes your present mood?
A: I'll think about it and get back.
***
My favourite word right now is laconic. It means terse and brief in regards to language. This post has been somewhat laconic, comparatively with others this week *coughVitacough*.
***
Q: If you weren't a participant of this blog would you read it?

*I was held up in Stanley Park the other day and was unable to locate a computer. I did watch Miss Congeniality which is a very funny movie and thoroughly enjoyable, but no Sunday blog. Instead there'll be two on Monday! What a treat!

2 comments:

Vita said...

I've never seen Miss Congeniality; I seem to remember reading about it in NickMag years ago, but I never saw it, possibly because I was - what? 6? :P

I went on for a while there on Friday, didn't I? Ah well, more to love, I suppose. ;)

Such deep questions you ask. ;) That's one of the problems with talking to people on the internet that you also know in real life; you always run the risk of repeating yourself. I guess I'll answer them in blog form on Friday; right now I'm supposed to be packing... whatever.

Renata said...

Oooh, packing? Is there some kind of interesting trip involved?

Anywho, hmmm... publicity. I think TOO much publicity would cause us to change what this blog IS, just to appeal to the masses. Which would be bad. But, if people like this blog for what it is, being blog-famous would be AWESOME!