Saturday, August 22, 2009

My teeth are pretty.

At least that's what my dentist said. Really? You can't think of a better word than "pretty"?

Meh, I can't think of anything better to say today. I went to the dentist. Fun fun fun fun FUN!!! A-hem. Not.

I'm not really "scared" of the dentist, per se, I'm just put off by my particular one. He seems amazed that I AGE. A bit of conversation: (DP= the dentist M= Me)

DP: "So, how old are you?"
M: *tools in mouth* "Brflargen"
DP: "Try not to talk with the instruments in your mouth, sweetie"

**EXCUSE ME! YOU'RE the one who asked the question, and I find the term "sweetie" to be either slightly sexist or inappropriate, seeing as you are not my father.**

M: *tools have been removed* "I said fourteen."
DP: "Oh. So you're going to be a freshman?"
M: "Yea."
DP: "At York? I went there. I hated it. Oh, my freshman year was awful."
M: "*under breath* Oh, well that's nice..."
DP: "Well, ummm... I'm sure it'll be better for you. See you in six months."

Maybe I have no reason, but I just do not like this guy. No only does he prod around in my metally mouth, but his personality is a little... ick. Any conversation he strikes with me seems a little forced and awkward, and often one sided.

Questions!

If you were a vegetable, which one would you be?
A tomato. I'd like to contribute fruit vs. vegetable controversy.

Do you have a cellphone?
No. I really don't have a use for one, and people who talk while grocery shopping or whatever and the conversation goes something like, "Ummmm, hey. Yeah, I'm grocery shopping. Hmmm I dunno. Yeah... I'm grocery shopping."

Do you REALLY need to tell this person this? Do they even really care? I'd rather not have one. Occasionally some urgent situation arises where I'm in public and need to call someone, but that's what payphones are for. If I had one, I'd lose it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't use it enough for it to be useful. (Redundant? Kind of...)

Do you tell people about this blog?
I don't really advertise it, but sometimes it comes up and I don't specifically avoid it. It depends on the subject.

My question: What's one song that describes your current mood?

2 comments:

Alex said...

I must agree on forcedly awkward convos with the dentist. Weeeeeird. (in a bad way)

I used to have a cell phone, but I had to pay for it myself (my mom didn't exactly support it) and I didn't use it enough to make it worth it so I stopped.
I'll probably get another one once I start producing a steady income, which will hopefully be soon.

Vita said...

Ahaha now I feel sort of materialistic for being so attached to my phone. Why must you hate me? WHY? :(

Just thought I'd make this comment slightly more uncomfortable for everyone. You're welcome. :)

*transition* Oh, dentist, how encouraging you are. Because that's exactly what every student wants to hear: *insert grade here* was the ABSOLUTE WORST YEAR OF MY LIFE and was literally HELL ON EARTH... but hey, have fun! Lovely, denty, really lovely.

(PS, I know you don't actually hate me [hopefully] and you never said you hate cellphone users, so, um, yeah. Okay bye. :D )