Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sexy face

I wanted to share with you this lovely photo from Twilight's sequel, New Moon, that my sister showed me:
I've always loved Jasper here. He's just so sexy. Look at that face. *sigh*

Q: Are you an early riser?
A: I'd like to be, but honestly the answer is no. Getting up at eight is early for me, whether it's summer, winter, spring or fall. I know it's not really natural to stay up using lights and electricity instead of waking up earlier to take advantage of natural lighting, but I've yet to change my sleeping habits, just as I've yet to clean my room.*

Q: How long does it take you to complete homework on average?
A: To me, homework has always been one of those mystical, seemingly imaginary things like parents who buy Froot Loops for their children on a regular basis or getting $5 from the Tooth Fairy. I'd never experienced it firsthand. My only knowledge of it was what I heard from my school attending friends. From various accounts, I'd established that homework was a boring, waste of time, which kept people inside after dinner slaving over their desks. One informant strongly believed that homework is a sign of the teachers' inability to relay the whole lesson inside of school hours. Other's believe it is because teachers are sadists who hate children and want to keep them from having fun.

I suppose you could say that as a home schooler, all my work is 'homework'. You could also say that I never do homework as others see it (after school, extra stuff). Either way, I think that if there was ever one thing that could be agreed upon by every schoolkid who's ever experienced homework, it would be that homework sucks. Of course you get the odd ball geeky homework lovers and the little kids who's definition of homework is to write a sentence about their pet or draw a picture of their family, but if you ask your average person if they like homework, I'm going to venture out and say that they will reply in the negative. As a third party observer with no personal interest in the matter, that is my opinion of the dreadful ordeal of homework.

That didn't answer your question. But maybe you can overlook that this time :)

Q: Should the "i before e..." rule even be considered a rule?
A: No. We all know that the English language is complicated and contradictory at best. All this nonsense and you still have people correcting you every time you mistakenly utter "me and Hugo went careening down a hill in a wagon that we had no control over at 35 kph!"**. Shame!

Q: What's your favourite type/flavour of chips?

*This reference may not make sense to anyone but me. I'll explain. I would like to clean my room, it's just that I lack the motivation. Similarly, I'd like to wake up earlier, but I'm a teenager (we need sleep) and I'm lazy.
**You think they'd be bothered that you could have died, but no, their response is "you mean Hugo and I went careening down a hill."

EDIT: Q2: Do you guys have Twitter?

4 comments:

Vita said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH ARE YOU FOR REAL? Oh my god, I thought that was a joke picture for a second. He seems more like a poorly made porcelain doll than a blood-lusting sparklester. Yes, Twilighters, I can see EXACTLY why you luff "vampires."

"As a third party observer with no personal interest in the matter;" is that a quote from somewhere. I'm not accusing you of ripping off someone's work (I make obscure references all the time) but it seems really familiar, like I've heard it in a comedy or parody of something. Haha, sorry, just my weird little brain.

Alex said...

Unfortunately, that picture is not a joke. That face can be seen in theaters this November. (I might have to see the movie just for this scene :)

The quote is from She's the Man (Amanda Bynes). I just watched that movie the other day and obscure references are so jokes.

Vita said...

Oh, no worries, I'm going to see it for the same reason. Haha, we should all go see it (in our respective locations, of course... the cost of plane tickets is far more than New Moon is worth) and blog about it immediately after. Damn, we should have done that for an actually -good- movie, like Half-Blood Prince... mergh, whatever.

Yes! That's what it's from! You win. :D

Renata said...

Mmmmm... I wants me some Jasper. RAWR.