Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dreams 'n Things

I feel like a bowl of soup. Italian wedding, plz. Yum. Itty bitty meatballs FTW. ALSO: The Sweet Far Thing is so jokes. (I know I'm behind on the whole reading thing, but still. Jokesness.

Off topic much?

Ah well. Questions!

Vita: *shudder* Ok, I used to hate the Wicked Witch of the West, so I had this dream that everything was spinning, in black and white, and the Witch would steal me through the window and take me to the freako anti-Oz, with the monkeys. What freaked me out more though was the spinning. Honestly, it felt like real spinning. I had this about twice a year until I was 8 or so.

Alex: Hmmm, I'd like to say less than this, but right now I'm at around a 3.5.

Not that I would ever do anything illegal or anything just to "fit in", but I'm not currently at one of my social butterfly peaks. How I interact with people depends almost solely on my mood, i I'm feeling crappy don't expect any pleasant chatter, I'm complain and we'll both end up wanting to punch each other. I DO enjoy talking to people, I don't particularly like initiating conversations, at least with people I probably have nothing in common with. I've tried that on multiple occasions, and they stare at me. It's awkward. I'd like to blame them for being so small-minded, like "Don't associate with this person, they are incorrectly insane for not bringing up homecoming/whateverthehell within the first 5 seconds." I need to work on my "general smalltalking" skillz. :/

When I'm around people I know, or talking about something I'm informed and interested about, yeah, I'll talk any one's ear off. It just depends.

My question: Cupcakes or muffins? What kind? (Can you tell I'm hungry?)

2 comments:

Alex said...

If I talk to new people and end up being the only person talking while they give me strange looks, I crack up because I find it so incredibly funny.
Then, of course, they have this insane notion that I'm a crazy person who's laughing at them. Which I guess is kind of true. But STILL...

Damnit, now i'm craving soup. Mmmm potato leak soup. Minestrone soup. Carrot soup. Cheesy brocoli soup. I WANT IT. *glares*

Vita said...

The Sweet Far Things is, indeed, jokes. :D

Small-talking has always annoyed me. What is the point? I mean, I guess it's sort of necessary in order to avoid looking like a complete jerk every second of your life, but a) it's usually boring and b) very few people are actually good at it, leaving the other 98% of the world feeling awkward half the time. Not cool.