Friday, September 11, 2009

Whoa. (draft on and about 9/11)

Hmmm, I TRY and I try to start draft posts the day before I'm supposed to do them, but things never seem to work out. I'd better just wait until Saturday night. (Staying up til 2 in the morning FTW!) I'm such a procrastinator that way. Vita, if I forget to delete the drafty part at the beginning of this blog again, there's your answer. :)

Whoa. Vita, I'm sorry if I'm being a snoop, but I read your (now still in draft form) post on 9/11 and it's really good.

I actually posted on (and about, they have the same meanings sometimes...) 9/11 on my other blog. (NOTE: I'm NOT abandoning this blog, but I started my solo one after we started this, because one day I had a ton to say but it was a Wednesday I think so I didn't want to "clog" this blog with all my random crap. It's mostly become a forum for my randomest thoughts and funny pictures I find, and, well, tons of other things that don't follow this format, although this DOES work very well, and memes and things that require a Mr. Linky. (You guys can go stalk me there if you want, I stalk both of yours from time to time.)

Ah. I've accidentally hit "publish post", instead of Ctrl+D like you're supposed to do. Force of habit. Should I delete this? Is there any way to get this back in draft-only form? Should I delete that part where I blabber about Vita's draft? She'll probably post it, but it's not 9/11 on monday you dork. Irrelevacy FTL. What now I'm blogging to myself oh run ons you're so funny. You know what I am going to keep this as it is for the time being. If you guys find it by the time it's gone you can comment on it, but I'll still post on Saturday too.

Did I even spellcheck this?

5 comments:

Vita said...

SORRY if you don't want me to comment on this but:

This is weird because I wasn't aware that I saved that in draft form, haha. Firefox randomly froze and closed down, and when it does that it saves all my tabs, so apparently Blogger/Firefox automatically saves blog posts... good to know. :)

Anyways, I decided to switch topics because I felt like you guys probably heard enough about 9/11 today, but who knows, maybe I'll publish it on Monday just to be UNIQUE.

Vita said...

Irrelevancy FTW, not FTL, by the by. ;D

Renata said...

Hmmm, actually I feel bad for not hearing MORE about 9/11 today.

Alex: Is 9/11 like an America-only thing or do the foreign people care too? I don't want to seem superficial by assuming something that happens in America effcts the ENTIRE WORLD, but I have a feeling this is the exception.

Alex said...

Whoa. Flashback.
I remember that day so clearly. I was, like, seven and I was doing my school work like any other day (I think it was multiplication tables or something) and then someone called my mom and she ran into the living room and turned on the TV and it was all really awful and scary. My mom was really sad.
I remember asking why someone would do that but I don't remember the answer I got. *shudder* That was a terrible day all around the world, I think.
America does affect the entire world, though, that is true. But yes, I think 9/11 is a pretty big deal here, too. It had it's ripple affect everywhere. I read a book called Bifocal which was about two boys in a school in Ontario where white kids started vandalizing the homes of Muslims and how the entire school was divided.
I'm interested to read you post, Vita, because I don't know much about it other than what I saw in Fahrenheit 9/11 (which I don't remember too clearly).

Vita said...

Oh, hm. I heard quite a bit about it over here, maybe because I live near DC? Dunno.
I guess I'll finish it and post it on Monday, I think it's still relevant even if it is 3 days late.
Also I really want to respond to your comments on this post in my blog because otherwise this comment will be five miles long.