Monday, September 21, 2009

*is in a hurry*

If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, it'd be _______
Mrrrr, I'd have to say... uh... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, for rereadability purposes. According to the forces that be (Spell-Check), rereadability is not a word. I don't care. I'm going to use it anyway. Because I'm worth it.
It's 1/2 of my 2rd favorite book ever (a title which is disputable because I have about 15 books all jockeying for a 2nd place position; so far, the closest it's come to is a tie between The Book Thief, Deathly Hallows, and The Bell Jar, all of which are shadowed only by To Kill a Mockingbird which is, without a doubt, the best book ever written) but the reason I'd probably have to chose it over the others is because no matter how many times I read it, it still has a great effect on my emotions and overall brain area. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, it makes me want to snog * the book jacket from head to toe, and it makes me want to bury the whole thing in the ground and never look at it again. ** Most importantly, it embodies the very heart and soul of what is probably the most brilliant series of books in the whole entire plexiverse *** and I think I would cry the rest of my life away if I had to be parted from it forever.
'Course, I'd still be pissed as hell that I'd only get to read one book... but there you go.

How peer-pressure-able are you?
On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being "I don't give a shit what people think of me" and 5 being a "EHMAGAH PEOPLE *hides*") I'd probably be a 3. Right in the middle. I don't know, make of that what you will, psychoanalyze that away if you so wish. I'd be lying if I said that I don't care what people think of me. I do care; I think it takes a genuinely unique person to be able to go about their daily life with no regard to other people's opinions of them. Sometimes I get really self-concious, but it's not to the point where it cripples my ability to interact with people. I don't know if this is really on-topic, but a fair amount of people who don't know me well think I'm shy, but I don't think I am. I think being shy implies that you're somewhat scared of talking in public or whatever. I don't mind public speaking or participating in class (I often do both) but I do tend to listen rather than start talking non-stop. I mean, it really depends on where I am. There are times when it's nearly impossible to shut me up.
I don't think I'm too easily influenced. Well, maybe into some small things... I'm sort of "go with the flow" on a lot of subjects. If it's something I feel really strongly about, though, you may literally knock yourself out trying to persuade me otherwise. I've never been forced into doing anything horrible.

Did you ever have a recurring nightmare/bad dream as a child? If so, what was it?

* I haz teh British?
** this would never happen because my resolve would weaken and/or collapse after approximately 32 seconds. Just so you know.
*** apparently this IS a word; I'm not sure what it means, but it sounds big. My apologies if it's secretly some dreadfully offensive term.

4 comments:

Alex said...

I know what you mean about being shy. I kind of picture it as someone with low self esteem who doesn't like talking to new people. That is SO not me.

But I do care what people think. I'm not going to run away to my room if someone calls me a mean bitch (I actually might have to agree with them sometimes I am a bitch) but if someone pin points an issue I have with myself then, yeah, it's gonna hurt a little.

Vita said...

I very much agree with the both of those statements, especially the second. I either read or heard somewhere that you should never use a real insult in an heated argument because you can't truthfully take it back later (this calls into question the ethics of arguing and name-calling in general but, as unPC as it may be, I think it's realistic to life. Also, I think it may have been a joke/snide comment made by somebody or the other).

Alex said...

The wisdom of PAPER TOWNS, FTW!

Vita said...

Wow, was it really in Paper Towns? Well, I feel smart.