Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Math.

Boooo.

I'm in Algebra X, which although X is the Roman numeral for 10, stands for Algebra eXtra, which is annoying. (I forgot to mention I'm a bit of a word/English/grammar nerd.) Right now it's a slightly advanced class, but we're doing the first 6 weeks of review or something. (really pretty simple stuff like 10 + x= 15. x=? It's irritating that we have to SHOW WORK for this. Duh. It's what mental math is for. Anything you can't do in your head is why they invented calculators.) I think that's a bit long for review, but maybe it's because I simply DO NOT like math.

I like to talk around things, and it's really annoying I can't explain my thought processes. One answer is right and everything else is just WRONG, and I hate that. We're also learning to use a ($89) graphing calculator, that my mom will kill me if I lose or break, which is very easy. I have a feeling it will get insanely hard though, because the teacher is strict and doesn't explain anything. She probably would if I asked her after school in private, but like you Vita, I can't do it. Is it some kind of pride thing? Or maintaining the illusion of complete smartness? I just think she'd laugh in my face if I told her anything.

But, in happier maybe-my-school-doesn't-totally-suck news:

I'M JOINING THE SCHOLASTIC BOWL!

How could I not? With an announcement like, "Do you like random facts? Do you want to compete with other people for the title of SUPREME TRIVIA MASTER? Scholastic Bowl is for YOU!"

(And I'm only slightly exaggerating that...)

My question: Who would you be if your name was Kim Rowena Lettice Butterkent?

1 comment:

Vita said...

I can totally imagine you beating those other b!*@#$ezz at the Scholastic Bowl. Good luck :D