Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Going Bovine, sans reading

Ok, the fact that I finished The Sweet Far Thing today (complete with readers' guide, I love reading Libba Bray's answers!) and that Vita's blog post about Going Bovine was the last one I'd read upon completion was just TOO much of a coincidence to ignore. The ever-awesome Readers' Guide mentioned GB, and just from that brief description and Vita's blog I know I must get my hands on ASAP.

Key phrases leading me to this conclusion:
"bizarre... dark comedy... mad cow disease... road trip... unique... loved it... Gonzo..."? (possible Muppet reference? :D)

You had me at "bizarre".

MUST. READ. THIS. BOOK. *brainspazz*

Anywho, thought you guys should know that I'm officially a HACKER IN TRAINING!!! Moohaha. I may have to start typing my posts in LEET and calling you N00BS!

Nah.
Not really.

But I AM really learning computer programming in math class. I can haz a happy because:

1. It's very much non-math related. (i.e EASY)
2. I WANT to be able to hack teh stuffs. ;)
3. The "extra credit" is also insanely easy because my dad taught me some of the basics when I was like 8. And some HTML too. Whatever. I'm still REALLY happy that this is easy non-math, and that we're going to do this for the next 4 weeks.

(Urgh, my hands are freezing. This is a sign of poor circulation or something, right? It's *supposed* to be fall, but in 3 days it went from humid and cloudy to freezing and cloudy. Alright, not exactly freezing, but freezing to me. It's 67 degrees INSIDE my house. Meaning it's probably colder outside... *checks MSN* Well no wonder. FIFTY-SEVEN DEGREES FAHRENHEIT!!!! Daaaaanggg. I *like* the cold, really I do. But only when that coldness is accompanied by holidays and hot chocolate and postcard snow. THIS is not normal. I love Indian summers, colored leaves in November, and gradually increasing amounts of snow starting in December. I'm used to having to deal with this last stage until well into April, but I don't like it... hmpf.)

Oh, that's my question; how's the weather where you are? Do you wish it was different or are you not a whiny baby like me?

3 comments:

Alex said...

Forgive my Noobness but what is LEET?

Renata said...

LEET, or 1337 (LEET in leet-speak) is the particularly annoying practice of substituting numbers for letters.
W00T and N00B are common examples, fine in moderation, but r3a1 1337 i5 50 3x7r3m3 1 ca4'7 3v3n d0 15 r1gh7! Confusing, associated with annoying internet trolls.

Vita said...

w00t & lulz in moderation are jokes, methinks. Usually, it's just annoying. TYPE NORMALLY, plz.

(It's somewhat hypocritical of me to use plz, but whatevs.)

Computer hacking is super intense. You could control the White House, or something. >:D