Thursday, October 1, 2009

Catching up on life & Thinking WE

It's Thursday, right? The past 6 days have been a tad bit chaotic for me. I'm been juggling ninja battles, tissue boxes, late nights, and hectic volunteer work. Today is the first day in a week that I have nothing planned (other than the buckets full of schoolwork and email to catch up on) and it has been bliss.

Camp was good. The number of pirates was a bit overwhelming to us ninjas, but we handled it with grace. Just goes to show that people would rather be unwashed with a bottle of rum than graceful and professional. I actually feel kind of bad for pirates.
We made friends, which is a novelty for my Ranger group and we had oodles of fun. I don't think a proper meal was served all camp, which probably contributed to my illness, but we survived on our soda and Smart Food (it has to be called that for a reason, right?).
The next camp is in November but I may not be able to go because it's the weekend that New Moon comes out. I mean, how could I ever miss the opening day? I guess the only option is midnight release. Get out your Harry Potter costumes!

When I returned from camp, I slept. Then I was off again, this time to Vancouver for Free the Children's (a Canadian charity, btw) annual We Day. This year was the first time We Day came to Vancouver. I don't know if you guys heard about it in the States, but it's a pretty big event in Canada. 16,000 youth come to GM Place for a "rock concert for social good". Basically tons of speakers ranging from FTC founders Craig and Marc Kielburger to Mia Farrow to the Dalai Lama and performers from Jason Mraz to Sarah McLachlan come together for a 5 hour event that is 100% awsome.
I was one of 500 volunteers at this event. My job was to sell Me to We Style t-shirts. It was crazy busy and very fun. I also got to see some of the show and all the volunteers who were at the Monday night training/thingy got to see Jason Mraz's rehearsal/sound check. Awesome is all around. Did I mention I saw Jason Mraz's sound check? Yeah we practiced dance moves with him. It was ace.
It's a really inspiring event and I'm glad I was able to participate. The whole thing is broadcast live on CTV and millions get to watch. So jokes.
I can't wait for We Day 2010.
Oh and go to www.giveyour10.com and commit to ten actions for a better world. I think they plant a tree in Africa for everyone who does this, or something like that. Please. :)

I'm going to buy Paper Towns in ten minutes. Wish me luck.

-Questions-
Who is your favourite author?
J.K. Rowling. I think. I don't know. It's like picking a favourite parent: difficult and just wrong.

How's the weather?
It's not summer.
It's weird because we had this amazingly warm September and then all of a sudden it's cold and rainy. We were lulled into security and then had it pulled of from under our bare feet. Better bring out the umbrellas. And the sweaters. And the SOCKS. All I can think is: Welcome to October.

Yes or no?
YES! Say yes to life!

Cupcakes or muffins?
I'm very particular about both and I like each in their own respect. Muffins are delicious. I don't really like store bought ones, but homemade are wonderous. As for cupcakes, they must have the correct amount of icing. I don't like an inch of it. So again, no store cupcakes. HOMEMADE FOR THE WIN! Hooray for answering questions with the wrong answer and then not responding to the actual question.

Did you ever have a reacurring childhood dream?
I once had a nightmare that my sister and I were walking through the woods and we were attacked my a mountain lion. I had to run and get help while she fended it off. I only had it once, but I've remembered it ever since.
This dream was largely due to said sister telling me there were mountain lions in the ravine behind our house. I was obviously traumatized by this dreadful lie. Thanks, Caitlyn.

Is Going Bovine sufficient as a book club book? It seems like you like it quite a bit, Vita.

For my question I want you both to do this test and then tell me what order your Multiple Intelligences are... (I'm doing this for school! Awesomeness):

2 comments:

Vita said...

OMG HARRY POTTER YES.

Rena, if you don't know, there is a legitimate call to action for people (namely, people we know) for people to wear HP getup to any New Moon screening. I suggest you DO THIS, if possible. :D

Too true about homemade goods. Homemade are almost always better!

OH, I think that Going Bovine would be an EXCELLENT book club book, if you two can get your hands on it. If nothing else, it'd be great for discussion. :D But we should probably do The Hunger Games first, yeah? I'm about halfway through with that.

Renata said...

My hair is growing out, so in the next 48 days I should be ready for the full Hermione. (I know most people don't go as REAL characters-- aside from the HP glasses-- but I can so I will. :) 1st year, though.)

Give me homemade over box any day.