Monday, October 12, 2009

Muffinlight

I have been eating a rather distressing number of muffins, chocolate chip muffins to be precise, as of late. I have come to the conclusion that they are muffinpires in reverse - rather than eating me, they force me to eat them. It's all psychological, you see. Sometimes, though... sometimes I wonder if it really is all in my head. Something about this whole - relationship, I guess - seems off-color to me... The muffins did leave me many sweet sentiments, though!

I'm the world’s best muffin, aren’t I? Everything about me invites you in — my chocolate, my wrapper, even my smell. As if I need any of that!

Please forgive me. I can control myself. You caught me off guard. But I’m on my best behavior now.

That is something to be afraid of, indeed. Wanting to stuff your face with me. That’s really not in your best interest.

I couldn’t live with myself if I ever upset you. You don’t know how it’s tortured me. The thought of you, hungry, impatient, drooling… to never see you stir batter again, to never see that flick of your wrist when you put me in the oven… it would be unendurable. You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever.

And so the human fell in love with the muffin…

You miss your lemon poppy seeds. You worry about them. And when I bake, the smell makes you restless. You used to talk about other muffins a lot, but it’s less often now. Once you said, ‘It’s
too chocolatey.’

If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I’m not ashamed of it.

And of course, my reply to all of this was...

"Yes, you are exactly my brand of muffin."

If you could have a sandwich named after you, what would it have on it?
Rainbows and unicorns.
In the medium of leftover Thanksgivingturkey.

What's your feeling on the Dixie Chicks controversy?
True to my word, I Googled, and assuming Wikipedia is correct...
I'm behind the Dixie Chicks all the way. Nicest thing to say about Bush? No. Do they have the right to say it? Yes. Should they have said it? Maybe, maybe not, but either way it's a valid statement.
I agree that if you make such a controversial statement so publicly you have to be ready for the backlash. However, I think the Dixie Chicks were well within the envelope of decency, and the feedback reflected very badly on the hate-mail/death-threat givers. They're American! They can criticise the government! Hell, people do it all the time!
Both Lily Allen and P!NK have a whole song dissing Bush; "Fuck You" and "Dear Mr President," respectively. YOU GO for sticking up for yourselves, ladies.

2 comments:

Alex said...

I think you should dump muffins. They're way to clingy and sparkly and self loathing.

Go and get yourself some pita. It's way healthier and more practical. And so yummy. ;)

Metaphors for the win.

Renata said...

No, no. Muffins are not to be dumped entirely, just admired and whined over until you have its muffin-child crossbreed. I'm guilty of this muffinlightness, glad Alex has some self-control. :)