Sunday, October 4, 2009

No one likes a hobbler

To start this blog, I give you a haiku:

Everywhere I go,
I must hobble to and fro,
Don't sleep on a couch.

You may be asking yourselves: why would a young, spry, french fry* like Alex be hobbling to and fro? Well, readers, I fear it there are two reasons behind it:
1. Yesterday I played badminton for the first time in months.
2. Last night I slept on a couch that was about six inches too short to be comfortable.
3. Rebecca.**

Because of the above it takes me about 3 minutes to get out of my chair. My mother is making lasagna (YUM!) and she asked me to fetch some herbs. Normally this would be a simple task, one that would take 45 seconds and be over with. Due to my condition it took quite a bit longer. It took me a while to walk to the oregano and then a little while longer to squat down and pick it. Then there was the trouble of getting back up. It almost pains me to remember it. I had just come back inside when I realized I'd forgotten the basil. Back to the garden. Ow.

Fun facts: The fun facts I make up in my head are much more exciting than those that are real. I have to finish this write now and clear the table for LASAGNA. Lasagna, people, lasagna. I'm sure you all understand why I have to rush off in a hurry. I LOVE LASAGNA! I'll come back and edit this later. Or maybe I won't and I'll make up some fun facts for Thursday. LASAGNA!

Weirdest thing typed into Google: how to get porcupine quills out of belly button
Sadly, I will have to disappoint you here. I looked through all my Google searches and couldn't find anything remotely interesting. I will admit that I put Bohemian Rhapsody in the Google box when I got home from camp, because I'd never heard it before. *gasp*

*I could really get into this rhyming thing.
**I realize this is one reason more than expected. Reason 3 was a whim.

2 comments:

Renata said...

LASAGNA!!! Yes yes, go eat. You must, for it is LASAGNA! Go forth and NOM.

(I <3 lasagna too. The only reason I can spell "lasagna" right is that I remember it has "sag" in the middle.)

Porcupine quills + belly button? I hope for your sake you made that up... Yowch!

PS: Thunderbolts and lightning! Very very frightning!!! GALILEO GALILEO!!! something something SCAR A MOOSE SCAR A MOOSE, CAN YOU DO THE FANDANGO?!

Seriously random song. :)

Vita said...

I agree with Rena. I hope that this porcupine thing was not something that you personally experienced. D:

Mmr. Cheese is generally yummier (more yummy?) when it is in a conglomeration of other delicious things. Go eat, young porcupine.