Thursday, October 8, 2009

I dedicate this to Marco

For the first day in many weeks, I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to blog about today. I am having BEDA flashbacks. Oh, how I miss BEDA. Thinking about BEDA is reminding my of NaNoWriMo! Maybe I can write about how excited I am for NaNoWriMo! I kind of don't want to do that because I figure it'll get boring after a little... well, I guess I'll do it anyway for a bit because nothing else is coming to mind.

In case you haven't heard of it, NaNoWriMo (henceforth called NaNo), which stands for National Novel Writing Month, is a event that happens in November, where thousands of people attempt to write at least 50,000 words. In one month. In case you're wondering about the math that's an average of 1666 words or about 3.5 pages per day.
If you complete this incredible feat and on December 1st you have a novel ready for the editing process, then you WIN.

I just have to say write (hahaha--I thought you'd appreciate if I left the typo, Rena) now that I plan on WINNING. I am going to WIN NaNo '09.

Some people actually get their novels published at the end! That's pretty darn happy dance worthy.

I already know what I'm going to write, too. I won't tell you to much about my book, because I feel that it would jinx it, but it is a YA novel about a girl named Clementine. It's kind of like a Sarah Dessen book, or at least that's what I'd compare it to.

And I'm out. Holy crap. Thank you, Google. http://www.blogherald.com/2007/10/22/what-do-i-blog-about/

I'm going to complain a little and maybe not complain a little, because it seems like the easiest thing that will require the least effort. Vita, I'm starting to see what you mean about being lazy...

Dear high heels,
Why do you have to be so pretty and awesome looking and trick me into wearing you? You should be as ugly as the pain that you cause me. To quote a television theme songs (points if you know which one), "I won't get fooled again. No, no."
Yours in hobbling,
Alex

Dear guys who were totally checking me out when I was wearing those high heels,
Thanks you for totally checking me out. It was an incredible ego boost and even though it's kind of perverted to check out 15-year-old girls, it still felt great.
Love,
Alex

Dear people who take disposable cups from Starbucks,
What is wrong with you? Can't your tiny little brain comprehend the fact that those cups are made of paper and every time you throw one in the garbage can a little piece of the rain forest dies? Just buy a damn tumbler and USE IT!
Love,
Alex

Dear mail slots and people who employ mail slots,
I hate you, you know this. 'Nuff said.
Alex

Dear One Tree Hill,
You are stupid. And cheesy. And stupid. I don't know why you're still around.
Alex

Dear Marco (from the remake of Fame),
I love you. Marry me?
Hugs and kisses,
Alex

4 comments:

Renata said...

That is not only a typo, my friend, it is also a fabulous PUN!!!!

Hmmm... maybe I'll do this NaNoWriMo! (Only like, mini version, that I could work on after November ends... and maybe into 2010. I'l try. Procrastination doesn't help this process.)

Vita said...

Rena, you could always do the YA version of NaNoWriMo. That's what I'm doing. Of course the only way to achieve something is to try, blah blah blah, but there's no way I'm going to have the time or patience to write 50,000 words in November. I'm trying for 30,000. Maybe I'll do the "real" version next year... :D

I must admit that I have a mail slot. We didn't install one, but nobody in our neighborhood has a mailbox - everyone either has a little mail box type thing fastened to the wall near their door or an actual mail slot. We don't have an obnoxious amount of stairs to go up, though.

Alex said...

I'll forgive you, Vita. I do know there are decent people with mailslots. I will have to make some allowances.

When you finish your 30,000 words are you going to keep writing until you have a full length novel or are you going to write the whole story in that many words?

Also, if I were you I would also join the "normal" site because there's a really amazing forum with lots of support and basically just more people to chat with. It looks incredibly awesome.

Vita said...

Merph. I conformed and joined the FO REALZ site. This may kill me, but I CARE NOT.

What's yo username? Mine is belleglass (creative... hehe XP)