Wednesday, October 14, 2009

When all else is fail...

Blame the Internet.

It always works... sometimes.

But really, my Internet has been increasingly FAIL-y as of late. (Why the English terms? I haven't the slightest idea, really. At present I rather enjoy speaking in this manner.)

Dixie Chicks: I've never been a huge country fan, (that's their style of music, right? "Dixie Chicks" just sounds so Southern I assumed.) but yeah. Bush-bashing is all right by me anyway, but it's a matter of rights. It annoys me that people ignore these rights and choose to hate. The song, any group of people. This basically sums up my opinions on a lot of things in a simple way. Everyone has these rights-- quite a lot of them actually-- and certain people get together and deny them and create controversy when really it shouldn't be an issue at all. It's a free country; this is what people are and are not allowed to do.

*sigh*

But nothing is really THAT black and white, everything is either already blurred or gets blurred by people who don't like it.

Your question and Vita's mention of other songs that Bushbash (it's one word now, deal with it. Shall it become the new "w00t"? People do it so often it might as well be a verb!) reminded me of a song on the Juno soundtrack (Seen it? Good movie. I noticed Vita gets excited over Ellen Page, who is in it. Awesomeness.) "Loose Lips"-- which does its fair share of Bushbashing, but is more generally about freedom of expression/protest. Plus it's catchy! :)

Question: What's the longest you've ever had a song stuck in your head, and what was/is it?

2 comments:

Alex said...

I love the Juno soundtrack! I watched that movie just the other day. It was on the telemundo.

Excellence is all around.

The thing that I find most funny about the Dixie Chicks thingy is that they said this right after the whole war thing started, right at the beginning.
Now practically everyone hates Bush, and I just think it's stupid that people have them so much trouble for what's so commonplace at present.

At least there's Obama. :)

Vita said...

internetz why u alwayz braking meh heartz? :(

Bushbash is an excellent term.

The Juno soundtrack is also excellent! "I like to be gone most of the time, and you like to be home most of the time. If I stay in one place, I lose my mind; I'm a pretty impossible lady to be with."