Tuesday, October 27, 2009

PUN-ctual

I don't have anything to write about, honestly, but I'm going to come up with something... oh, I know, QUESTION TIME!

*I seriously need some theme music for this... dee da dee lala lala la la la!*

HALLOWEEN!

Aggggh, I have no idea what I'm going to be! This will call for early Saturday thrift-store hunting (usually teh super fun time; not when done frantically, though!) and some makeshift costume that may or may not involve a PUN. Oh how I love puns. This allows for a "costume" to consist of black eye makeup and a construction paper P. Black eyed pea, get it? *cricket cricket* Or maybe Pig Latin. Pig snout + toga = awesome costume, noez? Only I need to ACQUIRE these things. So, that leaves clothes I currently own. All creative costume sites suggest that one color be the basis of said costume. I'm trying to go with black, (I own good "plain" black clothes, looks like dancing attire actually, if I could dance. :/) so THAT leaves either:

A. Ninja (would require some sort of pwnsome ninja weapon... or at least a mask. Group peeps going as anime people I don't know, so this would "fit in" a little more.)
B. Movie theater floor (random movie crap taped onto self... one of my friends did this a year or so ago.)
C. Beatnik (beret to be found...?)
D. Night (Oooooh, creative.)

E. Suggestions greatly appreciated!!! Freaking out a tad, really. I WANTZ my candy, but my Halloweenish philosophy is that you become a candy moocher and thus "too old" for Halloween when you stop putting EFFORT into your costume. I'm trying, I am. (FU end of quarter, why must you distract me from costume-planning?!) And I want candy. I like the spirit of Halloween-- act like a little kid and no one cares, you get rewarded for it even!!

HISTORY!
*not as cool as Halloween, but the BOLDmakes it better, yes?*

Okay, this may sound weird, but the Holocaust. You said "interesting", remember. It's all just so insane and complex, and still a bit controversial to this day. Some idiots DENY it ever even happened! God, how ignorant can you be? And Hitler himself seems like an interesting person. A batshit crazy one, but THAT is interesting! For instance, I'm working on a (5-10 minute, damn. I suck at speeches...) presentation on W.E.B DuBois. Good person, civil rights and all that. Whoop. But c'mon, Hitler? Anyone could talk for 10 minutes on Hitler! One theory is that since he didn't get accepted into an art school, and Jews ran the art school, he equated this to: ALL JEWS MUST DIE, and crap. What in the world makes someone think like that? He's a great psych analysis case, not to mention everything he DID, how people actually went along with this and that stuff.

1 comment:

Realta (group) said...

Go on Google Analytics. It will boggle your mind.
Apparently Jensen Ackles has quite a following.
A preview of what you will see:
On the day that I wrote the post on how I stalked JA and also the day after we received like 232 views!!! It's crazy, but true.

Also, I know a seven year old who dressed up as a ninja and she is awesome.

I like the movie theatre floor one. That's creative. Not that it was your idea :P

My friend has an interesting, last minute, multi-costume: she was he mom in the 70's/a clown. Her pants are amazing. Image: purple pinstripes.