Monday, October 26, 2009

dear monday, please go die. thank you.

Awful awful day.
Pretty much only academically speaking, though.

There is a somewhat high chance that you don’t care about any of this, and so I apologize. * Today was just really crappy and makes me hate school, which is not a good thing because a) I have to be here for another 2.75 years + college and b) because according to everyone else in the world, students (particularly American ones) are idiots who are stupid enough without dropping out of school. **

That REALLY irritates me, by the by. Seriously, you probably weren’t any smarter than any of us as teenagers so SHUT UP, and what the hell, people in other countries aren’t necessarily smarter. Who gives a shit about statistics, all they tell you is that certain people think similarly (or can pretend to think similarly) to the people who make standardized tests. Obviously the US education system needs some changes but I’m pretty sure most of us know how to count to five, contrary to popular belief...

ANYWAYS. To avoid boring you all to death, BASICALLY I just did fairly crappily on a lab for Chem that I actually put a lot of effort into, and it was SUCH a stupid mistake that I ought to have avoided but for some reason I didn’t see it on the rubric even though it was definitely there are I checked the rubric 3 times, I STILL managed to miss it because I’m stupid and my teacher randomly decided to take off 6 points for it so I got a C on the lab. Which isn’t failing, but when you add that to the fact that I failed a quiz we just got back AND I have NO freaking idea what the fuck we’re doing in Chemistry for a variety of reasons, one being that SOME people don’t EXPLAIN things so I don’t understand ANYTHING *** and we have a unit test this Wednesday and I would rather not fail THAT, well, I just hate science.

I find it much more frustrating when a mistake is definitely my fault, don’t you? In some cases there’s a little bit of “eh, well maybe if the teacher/person/dog was better/smarter/nicer I would have done better” but in this case it’s totally my fault and it’s just so ANNOYING because I KNOW this and there’s nothing I can do about it and BLAH.

And then the rest of my day was just crappy for various reasons that probably aren’t even that big a deal but all together it’s all just a pile of shit.

Sorry. Hopefully I will be more optimistic on Friday.

Cat/dog person? Pourquoi?
BOTH. But if I had to choose, I'm a dog person, just because they're so friendly and cute and happy and AWESOME.

What are you being for Halloween?
ZAZU from The Lion King! I am so excited. I've been preparing "I Just Can't Wait to be King" for days now (i.e., escape while you can).

*Damn I just realized Alex already asked my question... WHY. Hahaha I joke I joke, let me think...*
Thus far, what do you think has been the most interesting event in history?

PS, I’m sorry for being a terrible blogging partner and not commenting on either of your blogs for the past five years (ish). I’ve read all of them, I just haven’t commented because... I am an awful person, and also because you don’t even want me to tell you what’s going on in my head right now because it would probably KILL YOU. For shame! :O

* Of course, this doesn’t stop me from continuing the same subject...
** Not that I’m planning on dropping out; FEAR NOT.
*** And here is where I refrain from calling CERTAIN people names so that, on the off chance THEY ever find this blog, they will not MURDER me (and also because that’s sort of rude)

No comments: