Friday, October 23, 2009

The Explosion of the Mind

Bleep bloop.

One of these days my head is simply going to go up in flames. The fire detector will go off and you'll look around and you won't be able to see my head. It'll just be GONE.

The week or so before the quarter ends is hell. There's so much stress about getting borderline grades up to the higher letter and not screwing up the final unit tests (I have FOUR next week and the quarter ends that Friday; WHAT THE HELL). Alex, it's possible that you don't have this experience - I'm not sure if you get report cards* - but Rena, is it the same at your school?

Nobody knows how to talk about anything except grades anymore. It doesn't help that half my teachers don't put half our grades up on Edline so we don't know what we actually have in the class until Thursday or something, at which point it's too late to do anything about it... BLEH.

Aside from any dead relatives/The Great Whoever, which 4 dead people would you most like to meet?
Roald Dahl, F to the D R, Gregory Peck, John Lennon.
Sorry for excluding the female gender; these are the four that popped into my head. I'm sure there's a more interesting answer but I can't think of it at the present time.

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
Stop terrorism everywhere.

If Robert Pattinson randomly walked up to you and struck up a conversation, what would you do?
Probably be extremely awkward and sort of smile in a fixed sort of way. Social skills are overrated!
I am quite positive that a certain fuzzy animal would come and steal my tongue [to quote Frak ("I just have kittens lick my eyeballs so they don't get dry"), "that sounded a lot cuter in my head!"], though. :) I don't love R-Pattz, if you know what I'm saying, yeah? But I find it difficult to be (intentionally) rude to people, especially those who I've just met...

Do you get really worried/stressed about your grades in school?

AUSSI: Je suis desolée que je n'ai pas fait un blog le lundi. :( Peut-etre c'est parce que je suis un bizarre dans la tete, eh eh?

*Sorry for being so clueless about homeschooling; I'm sure this all seems very obvious to you and I must appear to be on the dumb side, but there are many things that us public school people/just me don't understand. For instance, the answer to the question "do you get homework?" is not clear to me because I'm not sure what you'd define as homework, seeing as your school/home is in the same place. :O

1 comment:

Alex said...

I do not hold grudges against people who don't understand home schooling.
I guess I do have homework. Sometimes I do work at night time to make up for lack of working during the day, does that count as homework? Usually, I just do work at night because I'm more productive and lively.
But I never understood what the point of homework was. I mean, don't you learn stuff in school enough? But they need to send you home with stuff to do? Is this to keep you away from drugs or to keep you from having a social life?

I would say I don't have homework.