Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blabbering endlessly...

Meh, I forgot what relatively interesting thing I was going to attempt to blog about today. So I have taken a cue from my blogging chums and have decided to blog about:

Nothing.

This empty space takes up space nicely, making it look like this blog is long and readable, instead of kind of long and suckish.

And now, I lament and rant and ramble about my own personal load of crap. *Skip if you wish to maintain the illusion that I am an interesting person that does not blog about her own personal load of crap*

Snow days are deceptive and evil, like in the way I imagine a mousetrap. It rewards the lovely mice with cheese, and most smart mice take the bait without getting killed, possibly multiple times, but one too many times and *mousetrap sound* dead micey.

This year, we had FOUR snow days. I repeat, FOUR. In the dead cold blahness that is February in Chicago, this is our cheese. Our reward nugget for putting up with about 10 other days we THOUGHT should have been snow days, but on which we had to show up anyway. We enjoyed these days, foolishly not thinking of the days we would have to make up in JUNE. Which is now. We are mice, slowly withering away, suffering, cursing the snow and freezing weather, and wishing we were dead mice, because then at least we could be outside, in the sun, underground, but still...

Without these days, we WOULD have been getting out of this trap on June 11. Which is still arguably MID-June, but is more reasonable than June 17!!!!

Oh, I still have to answer questions, don't I?

Alex: What are you looking forward to most right now? (and don't be all vague and say summer or something like that. I want specific event or happening)

I am getting my hair cut soon. I'm mildly excited about this, because I haven't really gotten my hair cut for almost 2 years. I get trims occasionally to slightly kill the beast that lives on my head, but this is the type of haircut seen on the fa-bulous makeover show What Not to Wear. (which I watch mostly for the haircuts. Yay for Nick.)The kind that gives style to the people who are sadly lacking. I'm getting layers, and also contemplating the length I should get it cut to. It's about to the middle of my back currently. Feel free to share your opinions on this. But really, if you are bored, I don't blame you.

Vita: Is anyone else REALLY EXCITED about UP, the new Pixar movie? Oh god, I cannot waaait to see it MWAHAHA.

Yes, in fact I am AS REALLY EXCITED as you!!!! I have been in love with Pixar since I was 4, when I saw the still-completely-awesome movie A Bug's Life. If you have not seen this movie, GO DO IT NOW. (how many times in the entirety of my blogging career have I ordered you all to GO DO IT NOW? Go count. GO DO IT NOW.) I don't care how old you are, you will fall in love with this movie. Unless you have no soul to speak of. After this epic win of a movie, Pixar has continually made me fall in love with their movies. Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc. have become close seconds in my top 10 list of Pixar awesome. Up is supposed to be as awesome as Pixar's previous movies, if not made more awesome because it is in 3-D! But, as I have recently discovered, the reviews are not always right. Night at the Museum 2 was surprisingly OK. The critics' mostly criticized the acting, but what do kids care about acting? It was pretty funny and seemed to keep them entertained. Personally, this movie was slightly wrecked for me because I spent half of the time waging a silent war against the SEAT-KICKER. We have all undergone these battles. Aforementioned seat-kicker is around seven years old, and also almost always simultaneously a talker. At first, subtlety and maturity is used, little shushing and the occasional elbow to the seat (why do I do this? Does anyone else? Is the seat supposed to shake in a perturbed way, conveying the feelings of the seat-kickee?) are the methods implied to stop this brat. Eventually, one regresses to the age of the kicker. This does not help anything, and at this point the persons you are watching the movie with either "help" annoy the kicker more (if they are the presumed age or younger of said kicker) or tell you to maturely "ignore them". Yes, this is the "adult" thing to do, but does it really ever work???

My question:

What did you want to be when you grew up, and how has it changed since then? (if at all, but if not, then you're REALLY lucky.)

1 comment:

Alex said...

I just got my haircut! Did I say that in a blog? It's true. It's not that different from before, but it's shorter and the front part frames my face a little nicer, so that's jokes. When I came out of the hair stylists' it was so shiny, soft and straight I wanted to never shower. But alas, I jumped in a lake and the pouffyness that is my natural hair returned. I'm going to be spending more time on my hair now. And I'm a narcissist(sp?).

I LOVE Finding Nemo. It is one of my favourite movies ever, Pixar and other.