Saturday, June 13, 2009

School, Haircuts, Book Covers, oh my!

I'm not going to beat around the bush, people. (that's a weird expression, I am nowhere near a bush and have nothing to beat it with... oh, I'm doing it, arent I?)

I am dead tired.

Which is sad, considering it's only 7:40 in the evening.

I have good reasons. Several, actually:

Graduation was yesterday,(more on that and other stuff later) which meant hours of monotonous "practice" (doing things over and over being told we are doing it wrong whilst listening to Pomp and Circumstance 6,000 times), picture taking, (always personal hell for me. I posess the complete inability to look normal in pictures. It didn't help that by that point I looked like I wanted to MURDER everyone, or, if I was smiling, I was smiling a kind of insane smile, one that precedes total hysteria and manical laughter.), standing for about an hour straight, and the only fun part, goofy picture taking and comsumption of CAKE! (which hath contributed to massive sugar coma... zzzZZZZzzz...)

And still, after all of that, I got up at 9 in the morning today. (which SEEMS late, but for me, on a Saturday, after last night, did not help me come out of my sugar coma.) AND, today was the day of the prescheduled trip to Kiddieland (my parents' idea. It's this old little kids' amusement park from when they were kids, which is closing after this summer. My brother and I are a little over the target age group for this, but my parents couldn't bare the idea that we would grow up never seeing this place. Cute, actually. Fun. Had it been any other day but today, I would have enjoyed it a lot more.) I am more sunburned and zombiefyed than I would like to admit.

But on some more positive notes:

I finally got my haircut! I ALMOST considered bringing in the hardcover of Suite Scarlett and simply telling them "Make me look like this, only brunette." which could have been done, our hair types are similar. But instead I got it bobbed. (no layers, because I had been told if I wanted layers, it would require about 50,000 of them, and haircuts every 2 months or something. Too much work.)

I got presents for graduation! Presents are nice, but for this particular present giving occasion, I recieved (well, am going to recieve) a MAC. YUS. This is more a necesitity, as the ONE computer in my house is to be shared amonst everyone in the house, and is about 5 years old. Breaks frequently. Is pretty much generally a piece of crap.
I also got PILLOWS. This seems really insignificant, compared to the last one, but I LIKEY THE PILLOWS! Niiiiiceeee, soft, fluffy pillows... like, hotel-quality, roll-your-eyes-back-in-your-head soft. I'm going to try them out as soon as I finish this.

I also got assorted cards,(some filled with money, that I will most likely spend on books) from relatives I barely know who sent one out of courtesy, which is nice enough, but a little impersonal. I'm the type of person who prefers handmade cards, or at least a blank one with a handwritten note inside. Oh, and balloons! Yays.

On to the explanation!

As you have noticed, I've mentioned graduation. By this I mean graduation from 8th grade. Yes, I'm only in 8th grade. (well, not any more, I suppose...) Did I fool anyone? Not that I wanted to fool you, but really, I don't expect you to treat me like I'm suddenly an idiot. Does it make that much of a difference that I'm a year younger?

Okay, now I am really, really dead tired. Questions on Tuesday, I won't be able to answer them in a non-blabbering, understandable way.

1 comment:

Vita said...

OMGZ I got my hair bobbed too! I got it cut shorter a while ago, but now it's shorter-shorter and on the whole I am such a fan of the bob and how it is RUNNING BACK INTO FASHION! YESS! :D

Macs are SO AWESOME. I iz have 2 beez jeluz lolz.

At first I thought you meant you were graduating from high school, and I was all WHAT? You're OLD! (Hehe.) But now it allll makes sense. ;)

I'd always thought that you were about my age. I don't think a year is a huge difference; I have both friends that are younger and older than me and it very rarely affects our friendship. POINT for not age discriminating! :P So, yeah, it's not like I'm going to refuse to read your blogs because you are Younger and therefore Inferior. Because that is a LIE. For example, Obama is younger than ole' George Dub-yah. And I am much prouder of Obama than The Other One.