Monday, June 29, 2009

a children's story

Today I thought that I would just relate to you all a little story I wrote when I was approximately three and a half and four years old. Technically, I didn't write it; I dictated it to my dad, who then typed it up on the computer. I'm on a mass room-cleaning expedition, and I rediscovered this while I was cleaning on my desk. I suppose it's a trilogy, because I only ever wrote/told three stories, but here they are in all their glory (I kept all punctuation and capitalization the same, too). Enjoy! ;)
(By the way, they don't make all that much sense, but I think that is part of their charm. Oh, and if you don't think they're funny, that's okay; I'm pretty biased on the adorable three-year-old front and thus am not overly objective. ;) )

Anna Goes to the Circus
February 14, 1998
One day Anna was going to the circus, and she was very excited. She asked her mom and dad, "Are there going to be any driving elephants in the circus?"
"Well," her Dad said.
Anna said, "What did you say dad?"
Her dad said, "There'll be elephants in the circus but no cars."
"Well", Anna said, "Oh, I thought there was going to be cars in the circus, but now it turns out they're all going to be imaginary."
"Well", her pet dog barked, "that's going to be a circus memory."
"Well", said her mom, "that means she likes the circus if she says that."
"Hmm", said Anna. After she said "Hmm", she told her mom that her cat likes circuses too, and she said, "But Mom, we can't go to the circus because the dog and cat will be barking and meowing too loudly."
"Well", said her mom and dad, "they are already getting pretty nice to each other."
"Oh", said Anna.
The End

Anna's New Pet
March 15, 1998
Anna was very excited and was going to the pet store. She loved going to the pet store. "Why was the day so exciting?", asked Anna. "Because", said her mom and dad, "We are going to buy you a new pet." "Oh my", said Anna, "I want a pet named Annabelle."
"Well", said Anna, "That's a very fuzzy pet you're going to buy for me." Anna said, "I want a pet and I want my pet to be a dog." "Well", said Anna, "That must be a very funny dog you buyed me."
"Well", said Anna's mom, "We did not buy you a pet. There is a toy pet for your birthday."
"Well", said Anna, "I figured out that my dog is a real dog for my birthday."
"Well", said her mom and dad, "That cannot be a real dog for your birthday, Anna."
But her mom and dad did not know that soon her guests were arriving.
Anna said, "Well mom, you can't know everything you know."
"Well", said Anna, "I can know everything."
"Well", said Anna, "This is a very unusual place you're going to take me."
Her mom and dad were very surprised.
"I told you the guests were arriving soon." said Anna.
"Well", said Anna, "there must be a different party every day of the week."
The end

Anna's Day at School
June 28, 1998
Once upon a time Anna and her parents went to visit Anna's school. Anna was very excited even though she was even three.
Finally they arrived at Anna's school. Anna was very happy.
"You should have seen it before.", laughed her parents.
"Of course I saw it, I saw children go in and out of it.", said Anna.
Anna and her parents went to meet the teacher. Anna was very excited.
"That's very nice.", said Anna's teacher.
"Of course it is.", said Anna.
Her parents laughed.
The End.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Well, well, well, how lovely.

Story telling three year olds are my favourite kind.

I seriously loved all the wells.

" "Well", her pet dog barked..."

Is this the same dog she goes to the pet store to buy in the next installment?

Renata said...

It is cute, you're not biased. All the "Well"s were pretty adorable. Anyone else remember Junie B. Jones? This is kind of like that. :)