Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pandora didn't think outside the box*

I've taken up gardening. I'm not the best gardener to ever wield a fork-thing, but I make an effort. And yes, my vegetables will probably provide about two meals, but they are going to be some delicious meals, I will tell you that.

The thing about gardening is that it takes a while for something to grow. You can't just throw it in the ground one day and expect it to pop up the next. It's a work in progress, and very slow moving. You have to have patience. I just started. We'll see how it goes.

Vita: Speaking of school, do you take/speak a foreign language?

I have dabbled in this and that. I took some French lessons when I was in grade 4, but I wasn't very good at French. I tried to learn some Spanish when I went to Mexico at age 13, but I forgot a lot of it. I know a bit of German from my sister, but German was never really that memorable to me (I only remember Eif Fresceenzie duotch--and that's not even how you spell it). I learned a little American Sign Language with my other sister.

I have issues with new languages. I would REALLY like to be fluent in a second one, but I don't actually have the persistence to apply myself to that. I CAN be diligent and persistent, but I guess new languages don't excite me enough to put in the effort. Which brings about the question: what does excite me enough to put in the effort? I guess that would be gardening, for now.

Rena: What is your MOST favorite part of summer?

When I was younger I used to love the summer because, being homeschooled, every other day of the year I'd have to wait until 3:15pm for the bus to get in and bring my friends home from school. So I waited for summertime when all my friends would be at home all day and I could call them and go play with them all the time, whenever I wanted. It was great.

Now I think I'd say new chances. Summer can feel so different from real life. You can travel, and lounge by the pool and have so much fun. Freedom. Cliche for a reason.

Do you have any fond childhood memories to share? Favourite birthday/Christmas gift (wait, do you guys celebrate Christmas? Am I being close-minded?)? Injuries worth note? Do tell.

*By the way the title has nothing to do with anything. There's this feature on Yahoo! Mail where you click the subject box and it'll give you a random phrase or sentence as the subject for your email and seeing as how I couldn't think of a fitting title for this blog I turned to the machine.

No comments: