Friday, June 19, 2009

In Which I Ask, and Answer, Questions

OH MY GOD I definitely just typed out 85% of this post and then it accidentally DELETED itself, WHAT THE CRAP?

QUESTION: If you could solve one major (but specific) issue today, what would it be? That could include stopping the genocide in Darfur, providing literally global health care, getting rid of your country's debt, etc.
Obviously there are many US issues that need to be resolved, such as possibly saving money once in a while, as opposed to, you know, going trillions of dollars into debt (but it's not just Obama's fault, folks, maybe you shouldn't have elected Bush 8 flipping years in a row). However, in a effort to be more GLOBAL, I will address OTHER issues in OTHER places.
The first thing I'd have to resolve would be the Palestine/Israel conflict, mainly because it is SO STUPID. Umm, annoying terrorists in Palestine, maybe you shouldn't threaten to "wipe Israel off the face of the Earth," or something along those lines. And maybe you shouldn't try to BOMB them every other second. Umm, Israel, maybe you shouldn't KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE. I know the US is supposed to be an Israeli ally, and I'm not saying Israel is bad, and obviously they've had their share of casualties, but SO MANY MORE innocent people are getting killed in Palestine. People who didn't DO anything, not terrorists, but regular citizens.
To both of the countries, HEY, MAYBE YOUR PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO GET KILLED. Do they ever think of that? Most people just want to live in peace, not have to worry about getting bombed every day?
Basically, the whole war is so fricking idiotic; there is literally NO FOUNDATION for all of the STUPID PREJUDICE against each other. I don't care what your ancestors did to each other 2,000 years ago, stop killing each other.

Question: What do you think of parents coming up with "creative spelling" for names (i.e., "Aleeysha" as opposed to "Alicia," etc)? What about parents inventing their own names (i.e., blending "Ryan" and "Lynn" to create "Rylinn")? Do you find it to be cool, unique, obnoxious, etc., or are you indifferent?
I actually do know someone called "Rylinn," and I actually like that name! I think it's pretty. But, generally, I am not a fan of made-up names, because people don't seem to know how to do it tastefully. I love unique names, but that does not call for "Kuhryztenn" instead of "Kristen."

Question: What is your favorite song? Least favorite song? Strangest song you know? Also, do you like Imogen Heap? What about Weird Al?
I am IN LOVE with Imogen Heap. I LOVE her songs, as weird as they may be. Ditto for Weird Al (although he freaks me out sometimes).
My least favorite songs is a) something by Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus; b) something by 3OH!3; or c) opera/country music.
My current favorites songs would include: "Ruby" by Kaiser Chiefs; "In The Morning" by Razorlights; "You, Me, and the Bourgeoisie" by The Submarines; "Happy Ending" by MIKA; "Boston" by Augustana; "Scarlet" by Brooke Fraser; pretty much the entire "So Jokes" album; and many, many more.

Alex's Question: What is something you do that you think no one else does? If anything. If nothing, what is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
I don't know if anyone else does this, but: not only do I talk to myself, I INTERVIEW myself, usually in the mirror. About everything. My life, future books I will write, my opinion on every political issue I know, etc. I have no idea why. It entertains me.
As for the weirdest thing I've ever eaten, I dunno. I'd have to think about that.

QUESTION: Do you ever play video/computer games? If so, what's your favorite? If not, why not?

PS, Alex, I am SUCH A FAN of photographic blogs (although I love the written ones too, of course) and I think I will attempt to incorporate pictures into some of my future blogs; I am by no means a photographer, but do I let that stop me? NO! I will PERSEVERE, as I should. ;)

1 comment:

Alex said...

I'm glad you will join me in making our blog more visually appealing.

I have to agree with you about Israel/Palestine. "Those" people are just stupid. End the killing.