Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Non-Fail! (hopefully)

Must... type..incredidbly fast... before... computer... fails!!!

Ok, on to my real blog, which today will NOT be ravaged by the fail-goblins!

Well, part of what I was going to blog about Saturday was of course Fathers' Day and all of that, but I guess that's irrelevant now. So, instead of typing mini-blog length comments, I will respond to your blogs! (within my blog... and also blog about vlogs. Is this me taking the easy way out of thinking original topics for my blog? NO.)

My questions for Alex:
What are your/your parents reasons for wanting you to be homeschooled? Do you doubt the edumacational value of the public school system? NO! We iz smart 2! C? (or do you have a reason that actually makes sense?)

Is it weird to have to treat your parents (if they in fact teach you instead of some tutor person? I'm basing all my superior homeskoolin knowledge on that TV show about those people that have 18 kids. I suspect they homeschool because they insist on NO TECHNOLOGY and possibly NO CONTACT WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD. You of course, have both. :) ) like a teacher instead of your mom/dad?

Vita's blog about the train crash:
The first thing I thought when I heard about it was not "Gee, what if some politician person was on that train?" (because, y'know, all politicians live in DC. Yep, they probably sleep in the White House, under their desks there's a little air-matress.) No, my first thought was "They call it Metro in DC?" (It's METRA here. :P) and THEN, "OMG that's where Vita lives!"

And now for the rest of my blog:
A few days ago, I saw this comercial on TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A19g7oX-G8U (go watch, please. Don't worry, it's only 15 seconds!)

And the first thing I thought was "Hmmmm, I'm a little peckish now actually. Think I'll go make a sandwich."

Am I a terrible person? No, I've convinced myself. The wording is just a little odd. Everyone in the world has HUNGER, the lucky ones just get to FIX it a lot sooner. On a recent-ish vlogbrothers video, Hank brings up the point that the world is indeed NOT fair, for millions of people. WE'RE the lucky ones. If the world was fair, we'd have eaten poop by now. THEY get the short end of the stick, and WE go around hardly ever thinking about it. We think the most petty, insignificant things are "not fair", i.e: BLOG FAIL. But, we actually have computers and food and medical care! So really, the next time we think "Life is SOOOOO unfair!" or "I'm STARVING!!" Are we really? Nope.

That sounds a bit preachy, but I'm yelling at socienty as a whole, sadly including myself sometimes.

Alex: Have you ever been stung by a bee? How do you feel about bees in general?

NOPE! No bees, hornets, wasps, or other painful, stingy, bitey things. And I hope I never will be. Really. One of my stupid neuroses is that I am CONVINCED I'm allergic to bees. I do not want to be stung by one to confirm this, I just somehow know that I AM. People say, "Well, if you don't have it in your family, then you're not." I am stubbon in my fears. I'm not proud to admit it, but I am.

My question: What's your favorite knock-knock joke?

(this should yeild some funny results... if anyone besides me remembers any.)

EDITS 2 and 3: (the first was to fix the youtube URL) I didn't spellcheck, I was too happy that Blogger was saving and wanted to post it ASAP! Please put up with the inevitable mistake or five. And ALSO! My original post about fathers' day and other stuff I took out to not make this blog way too long including the questions-- IS NOW SAVED! It's a "draft", though. I don't feel like posting, because by now it's kind of redundant, but if you so wish, you can go to the "Edit Posts" tab and it's there, entitled, "Is the world really unfair?". (creative, I know...) Think of it as a BONUS BLOG! Y'know, to make up for all my posts that begin with "NO!" or "ARRRGH!", the ones that should not be considered blogs.

EDIT 4: (is this some kind of record?) My draft bonus blog is only in edit form, so like it when it's being typed, and not in white text with the pretty blue background. But you can still read it...

EDIT 5: I promise, no more edits! :D

No comments: