Friday, June 26, 2009

Mindless Personality Filler

Okay so ALEX wrote THIS:


Just thought I'd post something in case you wanted to come back to this and edit it and it would still say it was posted on Friday (I think that's how it works anyway).

...I did a personality test today and I discovered that apparently I am an intuitive leader who is very good at expressing feelings.


Personality tests confuse me, and I have to say I'm very inconsistant with my answers. For instance, I am a control freak for organizing. When I start organizing, whether it's the songs in my iTunes or the files in my mom's desk, I abolsutely love it. I love ordering things. One time I went to the library and re-order the paperback alphbetically by author and series and number. It was so much fun.
Then on the other hand, my room and also my desk are completely messy and cluttered. I've been sleeping on my couch for the past two nights because my bed is covered with my summer clothes that I'm doing inventory on and trying to assess what I need and what I need to give away.


And then there's all the social questions. Would you rather spend time by yourself or with a big group of people? Blah, blah, blah. I'm inconsistant about that, too, because as much as I love meeting new people and hanging out with my friends, sometimes I need to be alone at any cost. I think everyone is like that to a certain extent. But how do you answer the question?


So I think the test was pretty right about me. I can communicate well, and I respond to how I'm feeling. I'm also good at expressing how I feel. My personality type is like Oprah Winfrey and Margaret Mead apparently.


Here is the test, Vita, if you wanted to take it and share your results on this same post if you ever have a moment when you get back from being oriented to college life... http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

And RENA wrote THIS (I think):

EDIT: My type is ENFP, and I wasn't that consistent either. I checked yes to both, "You prefer to spend time alone" and, "You enjoy spending time with others, shopping, ect..." I think the test was as accurate as it could be based on the answers I gave it. I am a very feeling, sensitive perciving person. How I express my feelings and communicate with other people depends on what mood I'm in, really. Does this make any sense? Apparently I'm 1% extravert. I think it's a little more than that. Wouldn't that mean I'm 99% intraverted? I don't think I'm that shy... I believe there's such a thing as an ambivert, meaning I'm a mix of both. I have the same type as Oprah and Mark Twain. (woot! Jealous much? hehehe...)

And VITA wrote THIS:

Apparently, I am type "INFJ," which means that I am "33% Introverted, 38% Intuitive, 75% feeling, and 11% Judging." I am a "moderately expressed introvert, [have a] moderately expressed intuitive personality, [have a] distinctively expressed feeling personality, [and have a] slightly expressed judging personality." Famous people with my personality include John Bradshaw, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, John Calvin, and Nicole Kidman. I only know who three of them are, but I suppose it's cool to have a similar personality to Nelson Mandela, although I'm pretty sure I'm not like Mother Teresa AT ALL, especially as far as the religion thing goes. I would be a good social worker, educator, librarian, or lawyer, and some other medicine/sciency things, which is funny because I AM BAD AT SCIENCE and I am also not a fan of it. According to the Keirsey description, I am a "counselor."

I agree that personality tests are confusing and usually not 100% accurate, because people aren't consistent. You guys said that you had some conflicting answers; so did I. I think that I am a fairly "feeling" person, in that I tend to have strong emotions and they usually influence how I act or what I say. I don't think I'm too judging of people, although I guess I can be when somebody does something that directly conflicts with a really strong opinion of mine. All in all, I think the test is pretty close to my personality, but it's definitely not perfect. People are just too hard to pin down. :) Thanks for suggesting the test, Alex; I love taking those kinds of quizzes. :)

4 comments:

Renata said...

*is confused* Ok, Alex, is this you? You posted on the day of un-blogging and also on Vita's day, if this is indeed Alex then Vita didn't post Friday... wait, is this Vita? How do you post under the name "realta"? I'll take it anyway... and try to edit in my results.

Alex said...

Oh sorry, I guess I never said I was Alex.

Explanation: My post said Wednesday because I started writing it on Wednesday so even though I pressed Publish Post on Thursday it still said Wednesday. Silly Blogger.

Then I decided since Vita wasn't going to be able to post on Friday that I would write something that she could add to if she so desired. Unfortunately I seem to have not communicated this effectively, and everything got mixed up. But it turned out okay, now, if Vita posts, I'll know all our personality types.

I posted on Realta so that everyone would be able to edit the post.

OKAY SO you were the editer. The ENHP idealist champion? Hey we're both idealists, how interesting. I wonder what Vita is...

Alex said...

Oh and apparently I'm 22% extroverted. I'm not exactly sure what this means, but I find it interesting, regardless.

Also, it's interesting that I'm an idealist because in the world of numerology (I can explain this later) I'm the number 29/11 and 11 i the number of the idealist. I just thought that was interesting.

OOOH! idea: Maybe next week (after my homeschool blog part 2) we can go through different personality things (like star sign, numerology, chinese zodiac, etc--what else is there?) and list out what we're supposed to be and how that is actually true/false. Is this too cheesy and weird? What think yous?

Renata said...

I'm actually very interested in all of that, because, well, not that I want to KNOW exactly how my life is going to turn out, but it's intriguing to see what it predicts correctly and what it doesn't. I'm really Gemini-y! Really. Meaning I'm like 2 separate people. (to the point where I argue with myself haha. :) )

And yes, I edited. *is no longer confused*