Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sound effects sold separately

EDIT: Oh and happy Father's Day, everyone. Thanks Dad, for making those jokes. Even though they weren't funny, we still liked to humour you with a smile, because that's how you keep crazy people from killing you in your sleep. Nod and smile.

I'm getting really paranoid of this computer fail that seems to be happening to the blog lately. I don't want it to happen to me, but I also do not have a clue what preventative meassures I should take. So I have decided to be extra careful whenever me fingers are around the backspace or delete key.

QUESTION: Do you ever play video/computer games? If so, what's your favorite? If not, why not?

I don't have any video game system things. I never have. I think it is for this reason whenever I play at a friends I am so terrible. I am controller challenged. I can't play shooting games, I have never got the hang of a Wii remote and I was terrible at ATV: Cross Road Fury until I had practised a lot.

The worst part of being bad at video games, in my opinion, is when you play with younger kids and they beat you. Now, I think I've learned to accept defeat with some reserve of grace, but children can be so infuriating. In my experience, they always point out how bad you are, and the fact that they're winnning, which, of course, you already knew, because they've told you four times already.

I like the Wii. I like Wii fit, even though it makes me feel uncoordinated and unbalanced. I like WiiSports, even though it makes me feel (and look) incredibly stupid. I like Rock Band, even if I'm not the best fake muscian to rock a plastic guitar.

WARNING: I'm going to get a little pyschoanylist on myself here.
I think one of the reasons that I enjoy these games is that I've never had them at my house. It's a novelty, which means, even though I might suck, I still have so much fun. I just get little doses at a time, which means it never gets old, and I don't get bored of it.

I've had an idea, and I'm going to write down here for two reasons. One, so I am more likely to follow through with it, and two, so that I do not forget. In my blog on Thursday I am going to let you in on some homeschooling secrets and tell you how it works for me. So if you have any specific questions on what it's really like to be a homeschooler, ask them and I shall do my very best to answer.

My question for you:
Have you ever been stung by a bee? How do you feel about bees, in general?

1 comment:

Vita said...

Here is something else you do not do on Blogger: you do not copy an extremely long post starting from the bottom, pressing shift, and hitting the "up" arrow. Because on Blogger, this is apparently another form of deletion/backspacing. So don't do it and AVOID HELL.

QUESTIONS!

- Do your parents teach you, or do you have a tutor type person, or do you take those online school/classes at home?

- This probably sounds very stupid, but how do you graduate? I mean, obviously you DO graduate, but how does that work? Who/where do you get your diploma from?

- Do you like being homeschooled? Do you ever wish that you went to a public/private school, or are you happy as you are? Have you ever been enrolled in a public/private school?

I'll stop now and let you WRITE whatever else you/Rena WANT/S. Yay! :)